Here’s a quick & easy, but also super nutritious recipe for the vegan bars. It took me a while to come up with the name for this recipe, because there’s so many amazing ingredients inside: almonds, goji berries, coconut… You might as well call them superfood bars, peanut butter bars or whatever you want basically… that’s not the point!
The point is, that they are extremely nutritious, and will fill you up quite quickly, so keep this in mind while considering your intake 😛
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 10 min
Per servings: 20 Small bars / Biscuits
Ingredients for the Super Nutritious Vegan Bars:
- Coconut oil – 1/3 cup
- Dark chocolate – 50 g
- Crunchy peanut butter – 1/2 cup
- Rice puffs – 1 cup
- Chopped almonds – 1/2 cup
- Goji berries – 1/2 cup
- Coconut flakes – 1/2 cup
- Almond flour – 3/4 cup
Equipment & tools:
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Soak goji berries in boiling hot water.
- Set up the double-boiler and melt together coconut oil (consider breaking apart in small pc before melting), chocolate and peanut butter, while continuously whisking.
- In a separate bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients. incl. pre-soaked goji berries.
- Start adding the dry mix (from point 3) to the liquid mix. First add 1/2 of the mix, stir together, then add 1/4, mix and then add the rest.
- Line up the bottom of your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pour in the mixture, flatten it with an offset spatula, and put it the tray in the fridge. Cool down for at least 1 hour.
- Take the hardened bar from the tray, remove the parchment paper and cut in bars, as you like (in the picture you will see that, I’ve used a biscuit cutter to cut them in small circles). And enjoy your super nutritious vegan bars!