Here’s a quick an easy recipe of a cool snack that you can make at home in just a few minutes – Shiitake mushroom crackers.
This crackers are perfect on their own, but they also go brilliantly well with sour-cream & mushroom based dips. I’ve prepared these crackers to pair them with my Barlotto, a.k.a. Barley Risotto, cooked with Shiitake mushrooms.
Without further ado, here’s a recipe for you to follow in order to cook these Shiitake mushroom crackers.
Preparation time: 35 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Per servings: 5 servings
- 75 g Rice flour
- 75 g Bread flour
- 3 Dried Shiitake mushrooms (app. 10 g in total)
- 2 g Salt
- 10 g Sesame oil
- 100 g Water
Equipment & tools:
- Pasta machine
- Blend the mushrooms in a food processor to powder.
- Mix all the ingredients and work the dough a bit. It will be very dry.
- Leave in an air-tight container to rest for 30 min.
- Roll out the dough, using a pasta machine, or a rolling pin.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bake for app. 15 min, until completely hardened.
- Cool down you Shiitake mushroom crackers, break them apart as you wish and enjoy!