Ingredients for SEMOLINA VEGAN CAKE:
1 cup of semolina
1 cup of vegan kefir
1 cup of plain flower
1 cup of sugar
1 tbsp of soda
1 tbsp of table vinegar
5 tbsp of sunflower
- Mix semolina with kefir and leave in the fridge to soak for 8 hours (overnight).
- Start preheating the oven to 180 C (fan mode).
- Take a big bowl. Sift flower to the bowl, add sugar and mix well.
- Form a funnel from the flow mixture and add soaked semolina. Mix well till the mixture is smooth, without any lumps.
- Take a table spoon of soda and add vinegar in it, wait till dissolves and add the whole thing to the mixture. Mix.
- Add sunflower to the mixture and mix well.
- Take a form for baking, grease it inside with sunflower oil and pour breadcrumbs over to avoid cake from sticking to the form.
- Pour the mixture into the greased form.
- Bake for 40-50 min under 180 C (fan mode). Check the readiness of the cake by sticking a wooden toothpick inside. If no dough sticks to it, the cake is ready.
- Take the cake out of the oven. Pick the cake with a toothpick all over the top layer (just 1 cm down). Pour some milk / soy milk (app. half a cup) over the cake, make sure it soaks in.
- Leave the cake to cool down and put in the fridge, or eat it right away.